Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: X over and plywood

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nikki1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2010
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    X over and plywood

    I have 501B X overs which have the #'s 1-10 on the dial. Do those #'s correspond to the X over frequency? In other words does 5 equal a frequency of 500 hz? Or do I have to calibrate them.

    As for the plywood I used for the cabs. It is gauranteed to be void free although the cabinet maker I got it from has occsionally seen some very small voids in it. In all the cutting I've done I've not seen one void anywhere. It is made/distributed by an outfit called "Columbia Forest Products". I guess you could google them to find out more. Comes in different thicknesses too.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    X over and plywood


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: X over and plywood

    Quote Originally Posted by nikki1 View Post
    I have 501B X overs which have the #'s 1-10 on the dial. Do those #'s correspond to the X over frequency? In other words does 5 equal a frequency of 500 hz? Or do I have to calibrate them.

    They are fixed at 500.

    The numbers refer to horn level. So you can adjust them up and down to balance with the LF.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.